Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Woohoo, Wednesday!

What's going on? We're relatively settled in this month's house, and have the important things unpacked. I'm considering a quick run to my mom's this weekend or week, but I'm not entirely sure whether that's going to happen.

How pregnant are you? 16 weeks. AKA 4 months. W.T.F.?

Relate this pregnancy to objects we tend to eat or other daily stuff. Bugbear is around 4.5" this week, roughly the size of an avocado, a large pear, the length of a mascara tube, or a small stud finder.

Tell me some random stuff about the Bugbear. Bugbear is gaining the ability to straighten his/her back a little, and so keeps looking increasingly human. S/he is growing toenails this week, and s/he also has eyelashes. Bugbear is also practicing facial expressions, and if it's a girl, she is now carrying eggs in her minuscule ovaries. His/her eyes are officially at the front of the head and face, but still fused shut. There's the possibility that s/he can hear sounds from outside the womb now since the inner ear bones are formed, and is swimming around in about 7.5oz of amniotic fluid.

Tell me how you feel physically. I'm less tired than I was, though I'm also over the thunderstorms we've been having. Back pain is more common and frequent, though I'm figuring out which yoga poses are most helpful in getting rid of and preventing that.

What are you craving? Still nada. I'm beginning to worry that this will come back with a vengeance later.

Are you crazy emotional?  Yes. I cry. And I'm irritable as all heck; things that would usually bother me now just bug the crap out of me, and I don't seem to have the ability to not react. It's fabulous.

Tell me how you feel otherwise.  I'm feeling better than I was on Sunday. The irritability is distinctly unpleasant and I would like that to go away, but meddling neighbors and general uncertainty aren't going to do much to make that happen. A long bubble bath and a glass of wine might help, but my bath stuff is at my mom's and I can't even decide what sort of wine I want. I have rhubarb and strawberries from the farmer's market today, though, so maybe a crumble will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment