Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

15 week, 4 day update

I can't even pretend this is a Wednesday update, but it's an update.


What's going on? We've moved! We're temporary residents of the south Chicago suburbs, and are starting our apartment hunt this week.

How pregnant are you? 15 weeks, 4 days. I have two tank tops that allow me to still pass for just chubby, but anything form fitting gives me away.

Relate this pregnancy to objects we tend to eat or other daily stuff. Bugbear is around 4" this week, roughly the size of a baseball or an apple.

Tell me some random stuff about the Bugbear. Bugbear's distinguishing feature this week, according to the many websites and books we've looked at, is the lanugo that covers his/her entire body. His/her bones are hardening, and s/he is also developing taste buds. Bugbear's heart is working tremendously hard, pumping around 25 quarts of blood each day. S/he looks more human and less alien than ever now, with legs longer than arms, and a body longer than the head. His/her capacity for hearing is developing, but the three bones in the inner ear are still forming, so s/he can't actually hear yet.

Tell me how you feel physically. I'm tired. A lot of that is probably stress. A lot of it is probably that I haven't been sleeping well. That may well be from stress. My migraines are down to 3 but that's still 12 a month, which is way too many.

What are you craving? Nothing this week. Not very interesting, I know.

Are you crazy emotional?  Yes. I know that part of it is exhaustion, but I've also had some totally hormonal reactions to various events. I'm also lacking the magical filter that tells me to not say what I'm thinking. On my best of days, that's a fairly thin screen that can make me seem overly blunt, but one that's firmly in place. Now...it comes and goes. But mostly doesn't even bother to show up before going away.

Tell me how you feel otherwise.  I want to be settled. I'm over moving, I'm over hurting, I'm just over this entire transition thing. Did I mention that I want to be settled? Just for good measure, I have a lot of big decisions that need to happen soon, and that's stressful, so I know that I need to get back to a regular daily yoga practice and find a church. And I really need a haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment