Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

What's going on? I've driven 9 hours in two days to get to my mom's, arrived safely, and got to spend some quality time with fabulous friends in Columbus last night. We've figured out where we'll be living for June, and will be moving into our own apartment in July!

How pregnant are you? 14 weeks...holy crap. I still feel more fluffy looking than pregnant looking, but with the way things are moving rapidly, I imagine I'll actually look pregnant fairly soon. ::fingers crossed::

Relate this pregnancy to objects we tend to eat or other daily stuff. Bugbear is "about the size of your fist this week." I'm not entirely sure whose fist they mean; there's a major difference between my fist and just about any other adult's, but really, I'm not going to spend too much time trying to figure this one out. In measurements, s/he is probably around 3.4" and 1.5oz, or the size of a flip phone, or a lemon.

Tell me some random stuff about the Bugbear. Bugbear now has fingerprints. S/he is sucking his/her thumbs, wiggling around, and growing thin downy hair all over his/her body to keep warm. If s/he takes after me, s/he will deeply regret when this falls off and s/he is exposed to the cold outside world. Bugbear has developed facial muscles that mean s/he can now frown, squint, and suck his/her thumb.

Tell me how you feel physically. I'm glad to be out of the car! I've had a good deal of lower back pain in the last few weeks that apparently isn't going to just go away, and my migraines are getting more frequent. Those things suck. But I've managed to stay well-rested (sleeping like the dead helps a lot; I've never slept this soundly in my life), and the dizziness has backed off, and those things make me happy.

What are you craving? M&Ms and Cher. I cannot get enough Cher in my life right now, whereas I'm pretty sure that a small bag of M&Ms would sate that particular desire.

Are you crazy emotional?  I'm back to crying more than usual, but I'm also getting used to that.

Tell me how you feel otherwise.  Uneventful, really. I'm grateful for a week outside my normal life, and a chance to hang out at my mom's, see friends and family, and snag a bit of a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment