Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wordy Wednesday...on time!

How pregnant are you? 12 weeks!

Relate this pregnancy to objects we tend to eat or other daily stuff. Bugbear is about 2.1" and half an ounce, about the size of a plum. Thanks to this site, we also know that Bugbear is about the size of a small tape measure.

Tell me some random stuff about the Bugbear.  We're apparently entering the "maintenance phase," which means that things are more or less formed, and now they're practicing function. So intestines are practicing movement and growing villi, the pituitary gland is starting to create the hormones that will make our lives a party in 12 years, and Bugbear's bone marrow is busy producing white blood cells. Bugbear is also developing reflexes this week. Fingers are toes are no longer webbed, and they curl and uncurl. Eye muscles are also practicing movement, and s/he is working on suckling motions as well. Tooth buds for baby teeth are forming as well. Bugbear's vocal cords will also develop this week, though we won't find out if s/he's loud like my family until s/he has air to move through them.
 
Tell me how you feel physically.  If I read one more thing that tells me that my body probably hasn't changed yet, I will put my fist through something. I did not go from a size 6 to not fitting my winter weight size 12 pants because nothing has changed. Other than that, I feel fine. Tired sometimes, spacey often, but not bad, really. Aches and pains come and go, but it's really no worse than daily life before this whole thing started.
 
What are you craving?  I'd love sugar. But it makes me queasy to eat too much, so I can't. I craved egg rolls all the time anyway, so I can't really count that. I would love a margarita, but I can't quite put that in the same category as a glass of wine and just indulge.
 
Are you crazy emotional? No more than usual, really. No crying jags or yelling fits to report. I think I've been too busy to be anything other than busy.

Tell me how you feel otherwise.  I am fascinated by this. It helps me feel better about the bloat I'm experiencing. I am relieved and excited beyond belief that I'm done teaching and my grades are turned in! I'm looking forward to being able to exercise regularly now that my schedule is way more calm. I miss my dad, but May/June/July are always hard, so that's just to be expected. And I'm both nervous and excited to start telling people in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment